Monday 20 April 2015

choices

Something that not many people know or understand about transsexuals is that we actually don't like the idea of being transsexual.

WHAT?!!!

I know crazy right!...

I mean why would we choose to be transsexual if we really didn't want to?

Alright! herein lies the "rub"

You see, for a transsexual (IE, a girl like me, who happened to have been born with male "bits") we just want and need to be normal females. 

"Normal" is a dangerous word to use these days, to attach it to any particular category of people almost always means your mother's cousin's aunt get's excluded from being what most (sane) people consider to be "normal" and just wait until you hear what she thinks of that! 

SO! I'd best add a disclaimer and some context here. 
Firstly, when I (note the large "I", this is the integral part of the disclaimer) say "normal" females, in this instance I mean: what most of society (including the medical and scientific communities) believes to be female (IE in the physical reproductive and biological senses).

Part of being a normal female, is NOT actually being "trans" (in any sense of the word).

So there you have it! we don't want to be "trans(anything)" we aren't "proud" of it, of ourselves, of our bodies.

Maybe (MAYBE!!!) we don't hate our bodies or ourselves, but if we were given the choice then this (transsexualism) is something we would NOT choose, and it's certainly NOT something we want to flaunt or celebrate.

It just IS! and so we deal with it because we have too.

Right! so now that we've cleared that up, there are certain people who claim they ARE us or at the very least, are the same as us.

These people ARE proud of themselves, they DO want to flaunt who they are and because of that, they are what most of society learn to (incorrectly) believe WE are.


So when I see things like the story in the above clip I can't help but shudder and want to run away, crawl under a rock and hide and NEVER EVER come out.

If you search Jordana Brewster or any of the other women who also shot for Allure magazine, I guarantee you that their name will come up AFTER Lavern Cox's when you FINALLY get a search result referring to this article.

Allure has used her as a draw card (because the other beautiful, naked, natal born females apparently weren't enough for some reason) and WHY would naked pictures of lavern cox be a draw care to most of average-joe public?

One reason!..... Do I need to spell it out for you?

Maybe people will get to find out if "she" has a penis still! (IE, is a MAN!!!)

Still no clarification on that by the way!! (Not that I need it, I'm certain if she was post-op the world would know by now for sure)

Yes Lavern! how brave and "inspirational" of you. 

She's simply re-inforcing (in the eyes of the public) everything a transsexual fights and struggles to NOT be. (a man)

If I was one of the other women in the issue, I'd have asked that they NOT run my pictures in the same book.

This is supposed to be a "role model" for Transsexual kids, and I was taking a look on twitter earlier, and found that even Jazz Jennings, is inspired by her.

SO! to the point of this post.

Choices!

The choices we make in life are VERY important.

I personally think VERY hard on the decisions I make when it comes to how I live my life, and that's not just the decisions I make that effect me in the here and now, I try to think my life through from start to finish and make the decisions that are most likely to result in a life I can sustain (or endure)  long term in every way. 

So far, most of those choices have been hard, painful, and often costly, but I made them anyway, even though easier and more enticing options may have been available.

As for Lavern; A couple of decades ago, there was another well known and well publicised "trans" person named Sarah Luiz.

She was (like lavern) considered rather beautiful and she made quite a few impressive magazine covers as well (again, like Lavern).

I'm not sure if I personally believe Sarah and her life choices made a good "role model" just as I'm certain I DON'T believe Lavern does, but! here she is in her glory days, and then later, where she is in life more recently, for you to decide for yourself.













No comments:

Post a Comment